Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect time shown on concole & arcserve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

griff79

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
GB
Netware server 5.1
The time is incorrect within arcserve (backup agent) and also the wrong time is shown on the console screen as new items appear on screen. It is one hour ahead.

This is causing me problems as my backups start an hour early. Its not specific to arcserve as the system console shows items with incorrect time also.

The time is shown as correct when using "time" command at the console.

Time syncronization is active.

Any ideas about were this hour is coming from ??

Have you got any daylight savings options configured as part of your Timesync configuration?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Daylight savings settings are configured correctly (identical to our other servers) to kick in at the end of the month, so at the moment its off.

there is a tid on this
it's a btreive type thing
it's something do to with the way that the line in the autoexec is written

on the >= for the time saving
you change it to something

Although daylight savings settings would be the obvious problem i've gone through most of the novell issues and although the symptoms are similar none of the fixes apply to, or fix this problem.

DST status is OFF
UTC time is shown as correct
and the daylight savings settings are correct and identical to our other netware servers, shown using the time command or in the autoexec.

As I stated before, when using the time command all settings are correct, yet actions shown on the console are +1 hour and arcserve shows +1 hours as well. were the hell is it getting this from !!

I've tried subbmitting some commands to change the daylight savings offset, this does not change the time so would suggest dalights savings is indeed off.

It was the >= setting in the autoexec. Cheers for the advice. Not sure why the other servers did not develop the same issue, but I changed them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back