Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect Engine Coverage Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
GB
I am using EPO 3.01 and VSCAN 7.1 on all machines. When I run a report for Engine coverage, I am told that 3 machines are out of date. I have checked these machines and they are not out of date.

The agent and Vscan were pushed out to these machines along with 67 others in exactly the same way and there is nothing different or remarkable about them from the others.

They update DATs ok every day and I have tried running extra updates on those machines then running a wake-up call, but the epo console still tells me they are out of date.

Can ayone tell me if the problem lies with the machines themselves or with the reporting methods of the epo server?

In the machine properties I cannot see any obvious differences.

Thanks

Recommend running the SuperDat package (currently SDAT4351.exe) with a /f switch from a command line on the misreporting machines.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the agent.

I have had similar issues with GroupShield.

Regards

Simon J Cook

< Keyboard Error - Press F1 to continue >

Perhaps check the PrdMgr_<systemname>.log file to see if there are any errors with getting plugin information.

I have had this, but usually only with cluster servers running Groupshield. It required deleting some registry keys so that the reporting would not fail on one product and prevent everything else from updating.

I had a similar problem when updating from VSE7.0 to 7.1. NAI informed me that this is a known issue. Perhaps the solution will also work for you. See below from NAI.

The following is a Primus(R) eServer solution:

ID: NAI36946
Domain: primusMDB
Solution Class: Corporate

Goal McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator reports show scan engine 4260 when the client is running 4320.

EnvironmentMcAfee ePolicy Orchestrator

EnvironmentMcAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1

Symptom scan engine version incorrect

Cause If the client install McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0, upgrade the scan engine to 4320, and the upgrades to McAfee VirusScan 7.1, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator reports the client has scan engine 4260.

Fix
To workaround, force a superdat package onto the client that is reporting the 4260 scan engine.

For Example:

sdat4354.exe /f

Fix
The installer for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1 sets the value for the scan engine used to report to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator to 4260 on an upgrade. If McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1 is installed to a machine that has a newer scan engine, the VirusScan upgrade will not replace the engine files.

Changes have been made to future versions of VirusScan. The installer will remove any engine and DAT that is currently installed and replace them with the engine and DAT included in the new VirusScan installer. The scan engine version for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator reports will no longer be determined using a registry key value. The agent will query the scan engine to determine the scan engine version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back