Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect data length combo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheAncient

Technical User
Dec 22, 2002
GB

Goodness knows why...

Or perhaps you do!

I created a table for Title to give the Mr, Mrs, Miss etc salutation for people. The Salutation has been made Text and 15 characters long. Data can be successfully entered into the table. There is no associated form for the table.

In the Customer Record form, I have created a combo to call up the salutations. That works fine. It will call up any pre-defined title up to maximum length.

However, if I try to create a salutation in the combo display on the form, I cannot type anything longer than six characters!

In sheer desperation, I completely removed the Title table and recreated a new table and combo.

Still the same! A maximum of six characters can be input in the combo.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? If so, how did you cure it please?

I'm on UK time, and finishing for the night. I will catch the thread again tomorrow.

TIA

Chris

OK, I'm stoopid. But I'm good at it!

p.s. Sorry - on Access XP

Chris

What is the value of the LimitToList property ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hi PHV

Thanks for getting back to me.

Currently, the Limit to List is set for 'No'.

But I'm puzzled as to why this might have an effect. Other combos on the same form have the same properties, but not the same fault! [sadeyes]

Could it be a little deeper than this?

Refresh please?

I'm still stuck on this one.

I've tried recreating the table and even giving it another name; and I'm still stuck at 6 characters!

Dammit!!!

Just noticed that although the table of salutations has a length of 15 characters, the overall Customer Database table (that it is copied to) has a field length of 6 characters!

See, I told you I was stoopid. Now I've proved it! [blush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back