Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect Caller ID from CallPilot CCR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan714

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2015
US
There is a call tree setup on the main line going to my BCM50e. When someone calls the main line and selects an option that gets transferred outside of the phone system the CID info is actually that of one of our other sites. I used the BCM monitor and the call is not showing up on the other site. On the site with issue, i can see the call come in on the monitor, then i can see a call go out to the correct number when i hit the option that transfers me. I tried transferring it out to my cell phone and the caller ID comes up incorrectly however when they call out from the system the CID info is correct.

Confused

If you are transferring a call that came in to another number outside the system then the CLID is based on the BCM that made the actual call.

Caller calls on line 1 and their CLID shows
BCM then does a "Conference Call" back out on another line to the external number.

That is 2 calls, one in and one out.
You cannot have the originating CLID transfer with the conference, does not work like that.

" the CID info is actually that of one of our other sites"

You forgot to mention the sites are networked?
or this is an issue with your carrier.

Are the POT's or PRI lines?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

So, we have a greeting table which invokes a CCR Tree on line 125.
Line Answer Mode Table/Skillset Rings Command
125 Auto-Attendant Table 1 2 Change

When the caller selects a prompt that comes back to corporate the incoming caller ID we get is that of a site we have on the other side of the state, in a different area code. We do not get the callers caller ID (which I understand it doesn’t work like that) nor do we get the CID of the site whose CCR tree transferred the caller to us, we get the CID from our site on the other side of the state. The site on the other side of the state does also have a BCM system. I have also changed one of the routes to go to my cell phone which also displays the same CID information. When users dial out from the site itself the CID info is correct.

The BCMs we have are the lingering sites that have not been upgraded to Avaya IPO yet and unfortunately I am not as knowledgeable with the BCMs so I can’t answer the question if they are networked… but if someone can tell me where to check for that I can do that.

This is a PRI line.

Can you intercom the other sites, if so its networked.
If you must call the main number or a DID of another site then its not networked.

In Callpilot look at the Path/Node/Key and note how its setup to call out.
i.e
The two boxes beside Outdial Method
and the phone number, you can post X's as the last 7 digits

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Also do a test Conference call.

Call somebody
Feature 3
Call your mobile
Press held line
See which ID shows on your mobile

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Line 125 is a target line, so you're on a PRI? Check if there is anything in the OLI of the voice mail DNs.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I was just thinking that too Marv, nuts...

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Marv, i believe you got it, the OLI on those lines was blank. Once i filled the pub OLI with their TN the CID information was correct.

Thank you both very much for your time and suggestions/help with this.

They are normally blank as often not programmed but what that means is perhaps which was my first thought is that the carrier is giving out the wrong number, you just never knew it because you have OLI programmed everywhere else (sets) which overrides what they send.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I figured it was the carrier at first but after multiple tickets they informed it was correct each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back