Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorporating printer setup in print 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qprogrammer

Programmer
Dec 19, 2000
CA
Hi,

I'm developing reports using crystal reports with version 8 and viewing them in my app in VB6. The reports are created in Crystal .rpt format and loaded onto the viewer at runtime using rdc.

I was wondering if there is a way to enhance the screen that pops up when the print button is clicked. Currently, the user does not have the ability to change the printer on that screen. Is it possible to have the printer selection info on that screen?? If so, can someone give me some sample code to get me started??

Thanks

sorry I think that API call is encapsulated with the ActiveX and can not be altered.

You might be able to use the RDC report.print method to do this...can't recall off the top of my head. It might do the same thing. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

I had the same problem. I ended up creating a new form using the API. You must disable the CR print button and add a new one to use it though. It works perfectly. I added orientation and such. E-mail me if you would like the code!
Brett
(brett_burnell@email.com) Please visit my websites!

Brett,

So you disabled the print option of the ActiveX, and right above it is a custom print button, that will perform the standard windows print dialog...

Please share you solution with the rest of the board. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

Thank you to both steven and brett for helping me out with this problem. I'm trying out the sample code that Brett has kinda provided us with, and it's been a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back