Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inconsistent Refresh of Subform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have searched the forums for an answer to this much asked question but I can't find one that fits the bill!

I have a form which has a subform on it. The main form simply has a date picker field and a combo box with codes in. The form allows you to select a a code and a date and you press save which then takes these 2 values, plus another ID value from an open but hidden form, and saves them into a linked table in the database. The subform then displays all the relevant codes and dates you have saved for the particular "ID" in the hidden form.

The problem is that the subform only updates sporadically, sometimes it updates sometimes it doesn't even when a record is saved into the table. Sometinmes it erfreshes with 2 3 or 4 records when you press save.

I have a little test in the code that confirms how many records the subform should display so I know the record is being saved. I am using ADO to save the records and am using refresh and requery all over the place to try to resolve but no luck!

It is as though there is some sort of lag between the from seeing the records and an ADO connection seeing the records??

Any help would be appreciated!

It seems as though the

It is as though there is some sort of lag between the from seeing the records and an ADO connection seeing the records??" - yup!

There's some caching/buffering going on with ADO, whiches makes this a bit of a challenge.

Check out this, and see if you can make it work - though I think you'll perhaps need to rething the approach.

Roy-Vidar

Thank you RoyVidar!

a rethink is called for, I have already spent long enough trying to work around it!

Rainbow Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back