Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incomplete saveset

Status
Not open for further replies.

stagerlei

Technical User
Nov 14, 2006
US
Hi.
I am running 7.2 with 500+ microsoft clients. Every day, I have a few machines that have failed to back up. Once they have failed to run once, the server is unable to establish a connection to the client until the client is rebooted. I have restarted the Networker service on the failing clients, however the backups are still failing. Any ideas of how I can get the jobs running again without rebooting the clients?
thanks

Hi,

Have you tried just restarting the Networker service on eac client?

John Trembly
mailto:John.Trembly@dpcdsb.org

This points to a network related issue although it is impossible to be more precise with the provided information.

I consider the reconnect problems beeing the consequence of the backup problems. But this is all i can say so far.

are there any firewalls in between that have specific ports open in both directions, if this is the case, get them to also check if there is a firewall timeout in place, and if so, change it to 24hours....

if the firewall ports have a timeout in place, the service ports will go stale and the following backups will fail to establish a connection as they are already allocated but stale....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back