Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incomplete Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie Lowery

Systems Engineer
Aug 14, 2017
US
Can someone tell me what would cause only one line item to get moved into history when an invoice is posted? The other line item is still in the oeordlin table. Both items were selected for billing.

When you go into the order, do you get a message that says, "Order is incomplete, Do you want to reset the order status to complete?

Also, if you're in progression, you may want to check here, according to Exact:

How to correct OE order partially posted to history

Revision Date: 07/29/2015
Module: Order Entry
Version: 7.7.XXX

Description: What can be done to correct an order in a partial posting where some of the line items appear to be in history, but one or more lines are still on the open order along with the header?

Solution: If the decision has been made to push the order through to posting, you can verify that the line items are in history by going to Order Entry\Processes\Sales History\Sales History Load. Enter the order number, invoice number, invoice date and customer number. When you tab off the customer number, the screen should fill in from the defaults on the customer. Verify the data and save the header record. Exit out of the header and reopen. When you go to page two, the line items in history will have reconnected with the header. Add the line items from the open order to make the order complete. This will write the completed order to the OE Header History and the OE Line History tables. This functionality does not affect inventory and makes no distributions.

The issue has been corrected already. But the next time it happens I'm going to backup the db and restore it to another company so i can perform these tests. Thanks.

Are you using Progression, Macola ES or Macola 10?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

In the case of a partially posted order, there are a lot more places you should check besides the OE history:

* Did open AR get updated? (AROPNFIL table)
* Did your inventory get decremented? (IMINVTRX, IMINVLOC, and if there were bin/lot/serial items, IMLSMST, IMINVBIN, IMLSTRX and IMBINTRX)
* Did the proper debits and credits to A/R, Sales, COGS and Inventory take place in the ARDISFIL and IMDISFIL tables?

I would also reset allocations and run the Load OE View Master file utilities. You should also check every order in that day's billing comparing the physical invoices to the Macola data. Make sure what is left in open orders is correct (normally just whatever was backordered).

As to why this happened, typically it would be a lost network connection or the machine that ran the post was shut down or crashed in the middle of the post.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

I will definitely check all these great answers the next time this happens. We run Macola Progression in a virtual environment and the users all connect through a terminal server that is in the same Vmware environment, so I wouldn't think network connection could be an issue. We didn't have any power issues that day either. I was hoping it could have been missing data on the item that didn't get posted, maybe an issue with record locking, or something else. I let you guys know what i find. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back