Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incompatibility for hp solution center 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaco235

Instructor
Dec 3, 2002
CA
I Installed windows 7 on my pc and everything works fine except for hp solution center for my all-in-one C309A i get a non compatibility code from Microsoft so I cannot scan and i am wondering if someone else has the same problem.I have been in contact wih Hp with no success so far.

Thank in advance for your help.
Jaco235

Any luck with this?

HP Customer Care > HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One - C309a

Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7

See if there are any later drivers for you. Try the Basic Drivers rather than the "Full" options.

Thank you linney for your help, unfortunately I have uninstalled and reinstall the sofware many times wih no success the program that is causing this situation is(HPQDIREC version 13.0.44.62) i am using windows 7 premium 64 bit in french.
Thank Linney.

Jaco235

What does it say about your Scanner or your All in One in the Device Manager?

Can you tell us the exact error message you are seeing?

If it is a problem with a HP file (HPQDIREC) is the problem stopping other programs such as MsPaint, or any other photo editors, Windows Fax and Scan, or even perhaps Office Document Scanning, from acquiring images from your Scanner?

Is the All in One printing without problems?

Hi linney,I do not have any problems scanning either from mspaint or Windows fax and scan.The error message i get when clicking on the hp solution center is the following;it says that the installation is not complete and that i should connect the usb cable but the cable is connected and the usb port is working properly and i have change usb port in case it would clear the problem.This a very peculiar situation and HP seems to be baffled too.

Thank you Linney.

Jaco235

When you installed the software originally or subsequently was there an option to right-click on any setup.exe and choose the "Run As Administrator" option? This will give you elevated privileges more so than just running as an administrative user.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling in a "clean environment" with no other running third party programs and non-Microsoft services?

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

What about the standard USB fix of uninstalling all the USB devices from Device Manager, rebooting and allowing Windows to rediscover them?

Thank everybody, Ihave tried the usb fix but no success .This is an upgrade from vista and i have norton anti virus running coul this cause this probem.

Jaco235

It is possible that if Norton was running during the first part of the upgrade rather than being temporarily disabled it might have caused a problem.

Hi everybody i am still working on the hp solution center and i have uninstall and reinstall the hp software with norton disabled and no succes but i remember on the first install i pressed the add another peripheral by mistake after the initial installation and wondering if maybe the system is expecting an additional installation if so where do i remove this mistake.

Thanks for your help.

Jaco235

If you pressed something to Add a Device (in Devices and Printers??) and then changed your mind and canceled out of it, that should be the end of the matter with no known repercussions.

After the reinstall are you still getting the same error, "installation is not complete and that i should connect the usb cable"?

Have you any partially uncompleted installs that this tool can locate?

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

See what this thread says about this Registry Key and Pending Installs.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress

error installing any software

As this has been a problem for a few weeks now maybe it is time to consider a clean install of Windows 7 (after saving any valuable data), immediately followed by the HP Basic Drivers and Printer (forget their unrelated software) and see if it works after that. If it doesn't then it may be time to sell your HP and get something that is really compatible with Windows 7.

I am having same issues, and also running windows 7 x64 bit.

Maybe a x64 bit issue.

I will try compatibility options, in the meantime, I am running solution centre in Windows XP Mode! works great in there!

Thank you Tommylux your right the program hpqdirec.exe is not compatible with win7 on 64 bit according to microsoft so i tried it on my laptop wih xp service pack 3 and that works perfectly but on my hp table model it does not work on any version i think that i have a problem wih the installation of the software.Fortunately i am able to scan thru windows and can print properly and send and receive fax on my c309A.

Jaco235

I've wasted another couple of hours trying to get this working.

Upon further investigation, I wonder if this only relates upgrading from Vista to Win7.. Could you confirm if you upgraded?

Only on the 14th this month, HP released a patch:

Description:
This Windows 7 patch fixes some printer functionality after upgrading Vista to Windows 7.

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

# HP Print Status
# Toolbox
# Ink Levels
# Solution Center
# HP Scan (All-in-One)
# Front panel scan button (All-in-One)

I tried this, and restarted my machine when prompted but still does not work.

I could try installing a fresh Windows 7 x64 to see if this works but I am happy running it through Windows XP mode as the scanner is playing up anyway; (i get a line through my pictures, certain part of scanner) Cheap printer (£50)

If you reallllllly wanted me to, I could wack it on a VM and give you heads up if a fresh install worked.

Let me know if you get any joy. I'll be right here.

Thank you Tomylux I have tried the patch with no success, I think i have 2 problems one the incompatibility between win7 64 bit and the solution center also i did make a mistake on the installation by pressing the add peripheral button so that the pc is asking me now to plug in the usb cable when it is already done and i have been communicating with the printer groud at hp and i have about 20 pages of email so far, there nice and polite but i think this is the end of their help!

jaco235

Does it help if you disable the "Signed Driver" option via the Safe Mode (F8) screen during the HP Install?.

"Disable Driver Signature Enforcement:

Windows vista Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option allows you to install drivers containing improper signatures".

Vista Advanced Boot Options

Hi linney,

I will be honest, I havent tried this however, I dont think driver is the issue;

jaco235, you should find that your able to scan if you were to launch "C:\Program Files (x86)\hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hpiscnapp.exe" directly.

It would seem that the program doesnt have permissions to save the scan to the folder (if you are having the same issues as I.)... I am able to scan, but the image doesnt actually save. When i run HPISCNAPP.exe, I find that I am able to save. Maybe Solution Centre runs the HPISCNAPP.exe and by doing so, it cant inherit the permissions?

I have disabled the user protection thingy which pops up every time you click. No avil.

Let me know how you get on.

Your right Tommylux, i can scan from hpisnapp.exe so watt is the problem.i went into the register to see if there is a pending installation but no success.I cant even start the solution center it is asking me to plug in the usb cable but it is already plugged in.
Thank you guys for your help.

Jaco 235

That's as far as I got sorry.

I got a bit excited when i saw the recent patch on the HP site.

Are you happy using hpisnapp.exe directly?

If not, have you tried removing everything HP related, then looking through registry (Local Machine>Software...etc and all local user software also) deleting any HP keys you find. I have fixed other software issues like this before such as the Nokia Ovi Suite. Or even try revo uninstaller which can remove registry items for you.. just be careful!

Or a more agressive aproach to fresh build Win7.. (i mean, those HP guys have obviously tried their software on Win7 sucsessfully)

Alternativly, use Win XP Mode... or, keep waiting and watching the HP site... If you want this to work, you need to take some measures. I have pulled all my hair out trying to get this to work normally, in the end, I am happy to use XP mode till I win the lottery.

I will hang around tho, let me know how you get on, and I will let you know if I can get it working in a fresh build (virtualised)

Hi guys,
I am still having problems with the hp solution center but after checking many users forums i find that many peoples are having the same problems, so i think that i will wait for Hp to modify their software.

Thank you guy for your help.

Jaco235

Hi guys,
I finaly got the hp solution center working by installing version 14.1.0 of the driver software wich came out in february and i am very happy with that.

Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back