Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incoming number to ED to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevPlan

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
DK
I have BC10 and use the numtyp ED to have incoming calls routing over a DIGIUM E1 card that sits in an asterisk box and then routing the calls to another building to an asterisk server which works fine.

However - due to the problem of receiving and sending fax over voip, I have been asked to forward specific incoming numbers to new POTS numbers to where the fax machines have been connected to.

When I used the following command, calls from internal to 3286 forward correctly to the fax nbr, but when I dial the full number 12343286, I get a voice that this function isn't implemented:

Code:
roddi:dest=3286,adc=0225000000000250002,rou=1,pre=328645678910,trc=4,srt=5;

My rondp for route 1 shows:
Code:
<rondp:rou=all;
ROUTE NUMBER DATA
ROU   PRE   ROUDIR   EXNOPU     EXNOPR     TERAC
1                    2-1234

(3286, 1234 and 45678910 are made-up samples)
What would I need to change in order to make the rerouting work when dialed externally?

rgds, devplan

Hi'

"but when I dial the full number 12343286, I get a voice that this function isn't implemented:"

Some is missing, your dest is 3286 - but you dial 1234... ?

Create a dest code that is the same as the extension # for the FAX. Then use NUTRI to create an entry to translate the external DID number you wish to use to the dest code (for the dest code set SRT=1 and no entry for PRE or TRC).

With your first RODDI you are sending 89103286 to the asterisk box.

If you have trouble with the NUTRI entry, print out the entry for one of your existing direct dial numbers that go to the asterisk.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Thanks for the replies.

Probably I wasn't clear about my setup.

We have two LIMs that can call each other internally (like 82xx) and each extension can be called with an outside prefix of 1234 - thus the external complete number to reach ext. 3200 would be 1234 3200.

The extension series 32xx used to be set earlier at one of the LIMs.
As the offices with 32xx moved to a different location, I changed the 32xx from EX to ED and setup for each old extension of the 32xx a dest.
What was probably not clear from my earlier posting is that I route those 32xx dest out on route 8 (which connects locally to an asterisk box.) Like this:

Code:
<roddp:dest=3286;
EXTERNAL DESTINATION ROUTE DATA
DEST  DRN ROU CHO CUST ADC                 TRC SRT NUMACK PRE
3286      8            0005000000000250000 4   5   0      32863286       

END

The above sample routed correctly the calls (whether internal or external) to the correct asterisk extension.

Now - in order to route the incoming 3286 to 45678910 (new external POTS fax nbr), I tried to simply change route 8 to 1 (route 1 is used for inbound calls and national outbound calls over ISDN30) and to re-route the arriving calls at 3286 to the 45678910 nbr.

It worked when dialing "internally" 3286 - but not from outside 1234 3286.

I hope it's more clear. - and opens a door to a handling. [neutral] (maybe my pre, trc or srt in roddi is incorrect.)

rgds, devplan

If I understand correctly, external calls to the FAX will come IN to your MD on Rou=1 and need to be sent OUT to the asterisk on rou=8. You need to create an NUTRI entry for the digits you will receive on rou=1 for external fax calls.

If an external FAX call results in digits 12343286 being received by the MD, and the asterisk needs to be sent 3286, then your NUTRI entry would be: NUTRI:ENTRY=12343286, TRC=4,CNVTYP=0,NUMTYP=x;

And your RODDI would be: (based on vlues above)RODDI:DEST=3286,ROU=8,ADC=0005000000000250000,SRT=1;

Your entry above has you adding 8 digits, truncating 4 and ignoring the next 4.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck,

Dave Strang

Hi dstrang1

If I understand correctly, external calls to the FAX will come IN to your MD on Rou=1 and need to be sent OUT to the asterisk on rou=8. You need to create an NUTRI entry for the digits you will receive on rou=1 for external fax calls.

Actually like that:

External calls to the FAX come in on my MD on route 1 and needs to go out again on route 1 (as the new FAX nbr 89103286).

Not out on route 8, which it has been previously, that routes to my asterisk box. [pipe]

rgds, devplan

OK,

Let's try to simplify this.......your fictitious examples are confusing things.

What would an internal extension on the MD dial if it wanted to call the new external FAX machine?

Whatever that number is, that's what you need to translate the received digits (when an EXTERNAL party calls the FAX)to.

If you want to provide actual numbers along with a print of a dest code or LCR entry for an outbound call for ROU=1, I'm sure we can get your FAX calls routed correctly.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back