Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming number scrollback? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXmann

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
Here's something I've wanted to know for a long time... on my phone (8434DX), when a call comes in usually the incoming phone number (ANI) is displayed if possible.

Is there any way to scroll back through numbers that have come in previously like you can with a home caller-ID unit?

My guess is no...

No, your best bet is to capture the CDR off your switch if you wish to look at that information. Maybe you could get an inexpensive Call-Accounting software package to help you with reporting and such. I beleive there are also some free software out there that will capture the CDR, but I do not believe that have reporting capabilities.

Never tried it, but with R9.5+ and the newer analog station packs providing analog Caller ID, you may be able to bridge your 1st call appearance onto an analog station then leave an external caller ID box attached to the analog port. The new Avaya screenphones do have this "call log" feature built in. I believe the 8520 ISDN set logs calls as well. The 84XX sets ahve no native support for call logging. -CL

Thanks for those quick replies. I just might give that analog line idea a try. We are running v10 and I do have a caller ID box sitting home unused. Thanks for the idea!

I have IP-Phone installed on my Pc.My IP-Phone has 3 bridged apperences of my 6416 set on my desk all calls in and out answered or missed appear on the call history log.I have always wanted to know the calls I missed when people dont leave a voice mail .

Here's a way that seems to be working, although a bit non-conventional. Using the PSA feature, I have set it up so that my calls first ring to my desk, then forward to my cell phone and then back to Audix. The incoming numbers appear on my cell phone display and are saved there for scrollback later. It works!

PBXMann,

In Release 10 (I believe 9.5 as well,but I am not aure) you can set up Leave Word Calling so that it logs external calls. Never tried to set it up though.

Rgds,

MKU

Yes you can, like MKU said, there is a feature you have to set up,
On your Station Form set these parameters:
"LWC Reception: msa-spe"
"LWC Activation? y"
&quot;LWC Log External Calls? y &quot; <==!!
Additional make sure that on the &quot;system parameters features&quot; for the following are set:

LEAVE WORD CALLING PARAMETERS
Maximum Number of Messages Per Station (when MSA not in service): 10
Maximum Number of External Calls Logged Per Station: 10
Message Waiting Indication for External Calls? y

Then of course set up your phone set with a message- retrieval button and you are done
This should give you your call list feature, and your message LED will light up when you have a missed call, the number will show in you display.
You can scroll with the next button

Rob

Hello,
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I get the lamp to go out after i have checked the missed calls as described above?

use the delete-msg button,
if your phone does not have one, assign one.

Rob

Telco Guy - If I make those changed in &quot;system paramters-features&quot;, will EVERYONE's message light come on every time the miss an external call? That would cause a riot around here. I don't want to play with that if I'm not sure what will happen.

PBXMan:

Each station has the following feature option on page 2 of the station form:

LWC Log External Calls? (choices are y or n)
If you set this to no (n) then the MWI lamp will not illuminate on external calls therefore bypassing the global &quot;Message Waiting Indication for External Calls&quot; choice in the System-Parameters features section.

Hope this helps!

Fonedoc [thumbsup]

A customer asked for this & I remembered the thread but I can't get it working - only thing is, on LWC reception I can only choose 'msa' or 'spe' individually...not 'msa-spe'.

I'm on rel 8.4 - is this too early a version? Display just staes no messages & the lamp doesn't light....

Thanks all,
JB

&quot;In Release 10 (I believe 9.5 as well,but I am not aure) you can set up Leave Word Calling so that it logs external calls&quot;

Spotted this on re-reading - no need to answer! Still this looks such a good tip it deserves to be back at the top!

JB

Why does this feature only work if it is a direct call to the telephone number of a DID extension?

Works like a champ!
Avaya R10 6408D+.
Make sure you change system features - Max number of external calls logged per station. I was set at 0.
MWI light does not come on, and I can choose to disply the log or not. You can also use Call-Disp to automatically return the call.
Chris M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back