Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming lines and hunt group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaRGP

Technical User
May 19, 2005
CA
I'm having a total skull cramp today and need a little assistance.

Scenario. BCM 3.7 w/PRI

What I have is incoming DID's (lines 485-492) appear only on Reception set. After 3 rings, AA picks up.

This works. Now, Reception wants to be able to "press a button and have the calls ring on all phones so anyone can answer them when I'm away from my desk."

Apparently the free backup receptionist (auto-attendant) is not good enough.

So, since I am admittedly hopeless at Ringing Services, I was hoping to use a broadcast Hunt Group. I'm hoping that I can forward her phone to the Hunt Group (the aforementioned button) and have the AA still pick up after 3 rings.

Do-able? I don't want to just go ahead and implement on this customer as they are n00bs to BCM (took out a Panasonic something-or-other made by the Slate Manufacturing Co. B.Rubble Chief inspector).

Thanking respondents in adavnce.

Setup Hunt group 625 with the phones you want to ring do not add lines.

Forward Recpt to 625.

That's what I thought. Cheers.

have either of you setup something like a hunt group and after hours need to forward your target line to a specific extension, and from the extension to a cell phone? i had this partly working where my hunt group had line 241 and when i went home, i'd forward an extension(which also had line 241 on it, but unplugged during the day) and forward that extension to my cell so i could receive calls after work, not that i'd want to but i'm on call all the time. my problem is that now the only thing that works is the hung group.
i've been reading a few other threads and there seems to be a ringing service where i can setup some kind of schedule for the forwarding to happen very easily instead of me having to do a whole bunch of monkey business on two phones on my desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back