Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incoming line not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhowell

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2008
US
Partner ACS7 with R3L card. Three incoming lines, all set to automated attendent. When the main incoming line is busy the next call on that line just rings and rings (on caller end) does not switch to the AA or ring busy. I have 8 extensions the first 5 have mail boxes. Ext 10 is set to operator.

call the provider and get a list of the lines in the hunt group and verify they are going to the ACS
when one is busy does two light up ?

Are you saying the provider(ATT)has to program incoming call switching?
When the main incoming line is busy, I can access the other 2 lines for outgoing calls. The problem is when the main line is busy. The next incoming call using that same phone number doesn't get a busy signal or the automated attendent. It just keeps ringing at the person placing the call.

Shouldn't the AA answer the second incoming call and play the greeting allowing caller to access other extensions?

I think I found the problem? Not sure why the Transfer Return Extension settings for the 5 mail box extensions would affect the incoming lines. BUT, I set the 5 extensions to return to the operator and it works?

Wait -

Line 1 is in use.

A 2nd caller dials the number for line 1, and hears ringing, but you aren't receiving the call on the ACS. At the same time, lines 2 and 3 on the ACS have dial tone, and can dial out?

The phone company has set up a hunting sequence or call-forward-on-busy to send the caller to another number that is not connected to your ACS.

Contact them to find out what they are doing.

It has nothing to do with Transfer Return Extension, which specifies that a call transferred to an extension without a mailbox should return somewhere other than the transferring extension.

OK that makes more sense.

I couldn't understand why the Transfer Return Extension changes would have anything to do with the call forwarding?

Thanks for the response! They dumped this system onto me and said get it installed and working. So I am learning it as I go. The manuals haven't been a lot of help. But this forum has been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back