Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming international call won't transfer/conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtim

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
We have an Option 11c system, and use an M2616 set as our switchboard. The operators had trouble recently both transfering or conferencing international cell phone calls to an extension in the system, in this case an analog portable phone. The phone is configured in CLS as UNR and NCOS=0, and can make international calls.

I'm trying to determine if this is operator error or there is something in the system which affects incoming international calls.

Any ideas? Thanks.

should not be a problem, test it yourself and this time wait for answer supervision from the analog station. it may be a supervision mismatch, might adjust asup or ndec/fdec to match the calling end, but that may cause other problems.. let us know if the problem changes with you transfering supervisied... and is this just to an analog? the ncos tgar cls etc does not block inbound based on calling number information or route, so it's deeper then that... keep us in the loop, this one could be fun

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks to all for your responses.

John Poole, how do I test with answer supervision to that phone? The only answer supervision I am familiar with is for trunks. Those calls probably came in on one of our copper ground start trunks, which are set up with SUPN YES STYP PSP. (Calls do overflow to our DTI T1 line, with 24 lines that are setup with SUPN NO, but I suspect that wasn't the case then.)
Could you describe in more detail the testing you are suggesting?

To answer Acewarlock, transfering works fine for station-to-station calls and for normal incoming local and long-distance calls. It's just these incoming international cell calls that seem to be a question.

Also, it turns out that the same problem did happen transfering to an M2616 set, so it's not just a problem with an analog phone.

supervision is loop start on analog sets and can not be adjusted, i was speaking of trunk supervision.. i run SUPN NO, that says that i am not expecting supervision from the far end and need to apply it myself . CAREFULL, make changes one at a time and test, prompts that fix one problem may cause 100's more

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole,
I have now set SUPN to NO on our trunks and FEDC and NEDC to ORG on the routes. Hopefully it won't cause other problems, but I'll wait and see. Are there any other changes you'd suggest?

Incidently, the problem seemed to be with transfering calls, not with conferencing. Is that consistent with a supervision problem?

yes, transfer rls supervision (to the rotue) during the ring cycle.. if you use transfer, then wait for an answer, the rls or connect (depending on the set type) transfer has to work if conf does.. if not it's a patch issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole,
Is TRNX in LD 15 what you mean with setting transfer rls supervision during the ring cycle? Ours is set for NO. Should I change that to YES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back