Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming digit translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradstephenson

Technical User
Dec 3, 2014
US
I have a perplexing question. We have 3 PRI's with associated blocks of DIDs coming in to our system. We use 5 digit extensions. The 1st 2 digits designate the location of the phone and the last 3 designate room numbers. Pretty standard stuff i presume. The issue is that if the last 5 digits of an incoming DID match a 5 digit extension, the system automatically forwards that DID to that extension unless I assign that DID to an extension in the IDC tables. We use DCNO for IDC. Is there a way to prevent this? I don't want to have to create a bunch of dead idc entries just to stop coincidental DID/Ext. matches. I work for a school system and don't want classrooms to get random robocalls because of this. Thanks.

One way to prevent DID calls is to make the affected phones CLS = RDI
Otherwise create / change the IDC extensions to route to a different number or dummy number such as a mailbox announcement.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back