Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming DID line

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelleg

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2001
US
Does anyone know the best way to have a incoming DID, which is used as the main number, ring on the receptionist phone labeled as XXXXXXXXX ? We are sharing an office with a company we acquired and need the receptionist to answer with their greeting? I have set the DID as a AWOH--x port and forwarded it to the receptionist, but what if the forwarding gets taken off or possibly we reboot the pbx? I know that the forwarding will be removed. Does anyone have any better ideas, I would appreciate?

Thanks,

If you have VDNs and Vectors enabled you can make the DID# a vdn and route it that way.

Or you can add a new coverage path to the station that points to the attendant.

Thank you, but how can I make it go directly to the attendant, if for 1 the attendant doesn't have an extension assigned and 2 how do I elimanate the rings before coverage?

The attendant actually does have an extension assigned. display attendant 1 for example, the extension is listed right below Type:. On your coverage path, change the field ALL to yes for both inside and outside, and set the number of rings to 1... I believe this will work... good luck.

Make the DID an LDN with whatever name you want. So, delete the AWOH ext. Command is 'ch li' you'll get a screen with any of your LDNs listed on it just add the ext. and give it a name. Will ring to your attendant console with no coverage/forwarding/anything.

pelleg, If you decide to use the coverage path option then all you will need to do is type in attd in the Point1 field that is on the cover path form. This will send the caller to the attendant. Also since the phone is AWOH then the rings will be eliminated and the call goes straight to the attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back