Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming CLID on BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyds

Technical User
Mar 26, 2004
GB
I have a BCM 400 (software version 4.0.2.03a) that does not display any incoming CLID information to the handsets. As far as I can see all settings are configured correctly.

The real questions are:

1: How do I check my telco (BT) are sending CLID to my BCM?

and

2: What settings do I need to re-check to see if the lines are correcetly set up to pass CLID?

From Element Manager, select the BCM Monitor program.

To do this, Log into your system first. Then select the "tools" tab at the top. Click on BCM Monitor to bring up another window. Finally click on the Line Monitor tab and it will list out the trunks that are or have been in use. Make an incoming call to see if your CLID is shown.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Here's the line info I got

line 61
incoming
<start time>
user 268 <username>
state connected

duration-

number and name ?-?DNIS: 652168

Look at a ext. and under telco settings and make sure it has caller id set " y ". If you have your exts programmed like that then telco isnt sending you clid. You could always set up a single line telephone w/ clid ability directly to the trunk to verify clid is being sent.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

The incoming line's an ISDN30 (I think) and it terminates in an NTE2D like this:

NTE2D_top.jpg

I don't think I have a suitable handset to connect directly to that kind of line (There's an old as heck ISDN videophone somewhere in the office but would that work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back