Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming CLID from outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoAddict

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2009
CA
Hi all,

I have a user who is having problems with her CLID, when an outside call comes in (non IP), it will say transfer from 7155 and then when she picks it up it shows the correct caller ID of that caller.

Not sure what configuration setting, if any, is responsible for that. The other users on the same 3300 don't have this problem.

Thanks!

Sorry, clarification. Everyone on that 3300 has this same problem!

I'm wondering if this is a carrier config or a 3300 configuration? It's a partial PRI.

Thanks!

Class of Service options need to be changed.

I think you have to change the "Display Held Call ID on Transfer" option for either(or both) the COS of the set and/or the trunks.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Thanks for your suggestion Paterson.

I checked the CoS options for both the Trunks and the sets and both are set to yes. I tried with no and it's the same thing.

I just noticed that the message is actually:

"#### calling forward"

#### being the last 4 digits of their DIDs.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

The good thing is that you are receiving CLID from the CO. This limits the issue to being with the phone system programming.

CLID/ANI/DNIS is all controlled by COS options. Play with those and you will eventually find the combo that works.

Perhaps you have the following option on the sets COS set to NO (default):
- Display ANI/ISDN Calling Number Only "Select "Yes" to display only ANI information. Select "No" to display DNIS digits when the set is called, and ANI digits once the call is answered.
This field is specific to display telephones and attendant consoles that provide ANI/DNIS information. "

If it is set to NO, then you will see the sent name first, then the number after answering the call. If there is no name sent, then you will see other things like trunk number or the comment field in the Trunk Service Assignment.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

sounds like it is being forwarded from somewhere first? what is 7155?

Thank you Paterson, that did the trick!

Mitelmatt, the 7155 was the last digits of the users DID and the handsets are 5224 in dual mode!

Thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back