Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls Rolling Over to Analog Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftboy

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
Hi All,

I have an IPO with a PRI on it. This morning, we had a hiccup with our IPO....all our phones lost their connection/reset, and after that, we had no inbound or outbound on the PRI. The phone company has said it was not on their end. I ended up rebooting the IPO and service resumed...at this time, I am assuming it was the IPO that was the issue unless the issue on the carrier side resolved at the same time as my reboot.

The baffling part is that during this hiccup, our inbound calling was actually re-routed to a POTs line that we have. The carrier says they have nothing setup to forward and that it must have been our IPO that did the forwarding.

I am trying to wrap my head around this and just cannot. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

In my mind, it would have to have been on the carrier's end that this forwarding occurred.

Thanks,

The carrier probably has Trunk Group Forward to your POTS line, and didn't decipher it when they looked at your account. There's no way that the IPO was responsible for sending the incoming calls to the POTS lines instead of the PRI

Thanks TouchToneTommy. I needed a sanity check on that. I am calling them back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back