Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls Have to be Parked or Held before Caller Can Hear the User

Nortel4Ever

Vendor
Nov 1, 2011
CA
IPO 11.1.3.0.0 Build 23 with PRI, 2 DS30, 1 DS16, 21 IP phones all in the same physical location at the rest of the system.
IP Phone (J159) users will receive a call but the caller cannot hear the IP Phone user until the call is either Held or Parked first. After that the call can proceed as normal.
WAN on the IPO is the DHCP server for the phones and it is connected to a switch port tagged with a VLAN ID. The phones are programmed with that VLAN ID so logically there is nothing between the phones and the IPO. Incoming call are first answered by an Auto Attd on the VM Pro, and the VM Pro is connected through the customer's production network which the IPO's LAN port is also connected to,
I have tried disabling "Allow Direct Media Path" on a few of these problem phones to see if that would correct the issue, but it had no effect.

Is this all phones all the time? Just curios what a call from the PRI direct not via VM Pro? What about IP to IP phone?
I don't know if this could be cause but I never put IP phones in the LAN 2 interface.

Looks like you are going to need to grab some traces.

I assume the switch the phones are on is part of the production network as it has a VLAN but then why use the LAN 2 interface? You don't have both the LAN 1 and LAN 2 on the same subnet do you?

If it was me I would try a phone direct on the LAN 2 interface and see what that does. Actually, I would move them to the LAN 1.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back