Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming calls don't go to Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
When you call out of this facility(say to a person's cell phone), the caller ID shows up with a phone number(the number of the Local Trunk). When a person calls that number back, it doesnt go to our auto attendant, it goes to an extension on the facility.

Now you should know, the number that is showing on people's caller ID's isnt the incoming number to the facility. The incoming number is an analog trunk, and the outgoing number is a digital trunk. So they dont share the same number.

So when people call the Outgoing trunk (phone number), it rings to a certain extension, and i have no idea where that setting is located. Or if there is a way that I can block all incoming calls to that phone number/outgoing trunk. Please let me know and thanks again!

Your trunking is probably PRI....Telco's tend to pick one "did" and make that the "billed tel number" or BTN...it's strictly for their billing and that's the number they put on the trunk group for CWID...If you call your vendor and ask for a new number to be put on their they will usually change it for you...for a small fee or course...heh
Just give em a call and ask them to change it to your "main listed number"

...bob...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back