Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls Bypassing Nortel CallPilot 100 and Going Straight to Attendant Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2018
US
Let me start by saying that I'm not proficient in these old phone systems. I'm an IT guy first and foremost, but I also work with newer VOIP systems on occasion. When my client's phone vendor stopped answering their calls (no pun intended), fixing their ancient Nortel system was left to me. I've managed to keep it running over the years and have even replaced various pieces of hardware successfully, but much of this system is still a mystery to me.

The latest issue is this: incoming calls bypass the auto-attendant and go straight to the attendant phone. Luckily, they have someone who can man that phone, but they'd prefer to use the AA. The only way you could get to the attendant phone before would have been to press 0. There were no known changes prior to this issue starting. All incoming lines are set to go to the AA no matter what time of day. Everything looks fine, and I'm wondering if the CallPilot unit itself has gone bad, though I believe voicemail is still working.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts as to what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Going to try to troubleshoot further tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

I went in this morning to try the last bit of advice from CurlyCord. I walked in, said hi to the receptionist and told her, I'm here to try some more things, to which she replied, "I think it's working." Huh? Sure enough, it magically fixed itself.

I don't know how; I don't know when (I think this weekend), and frankly, I only half care. I'm just beyond relieved it's working again. I'm sorry I can't tell you what the final solution was, short of divine intervention, as it wasn't working last time I was there.

Thank you all for your assistance. I truly appreciate it.

Is there any time of day routing on the Auto-attendant?
I've seen issues with calls not routing correctly due to clock drift on Call Pilot
Not sure if you can change the time or set NTP from the GUI. I have a feeling you can't.

Per GreenLeafPros last post the issue has resolved.
Also note this is a Callpilot 100/150 which gets it's time from the KSU.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back