Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Caller Accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincyb

Vendor
May 6, 2004
US
Hi all,
Just wondering if someone has/is doing this currently:
We are setting up a Magix with 3 PRI's and 10 1-800 numbers, tied to DID lines. Does anyone know of any software that in addition to reporting incoming calls, and the Caller ID number of the call, will report on the number that caller dialed? So that I could say that 1-800-1 was called 50 times today, 1-800-2 was called 200 times today, etc... As usual, it's a marketing-type request, and my Merlin Legend Report will only give me the Caller ID number of the incoming call, not the number called.
We are investigating Taske, but at $6k, it's kinda expensive...

If the 800 numbers are coming in on your PRI's, and they are sending the same DNIS digits, there is no way to tell. Usually for marketing reasons, different 800's come in via different DNIS so you can track them. Once they hit the switch, they then are routed internally. Again, you have to track the DNIS digits within the PBX.

Pepperz@charter.net

I have to apologize, I'm new to this, so my terminolgy isn't up to speed. As soon as you mentioned DNIS, that's what I meant to say - that we will be having 10 different DNIS numbers coming in, and we will need a way to track the usage per number on a daily basis. My Legend Reporter can only show a Detailed report, with the incoming Caller ID showing, not the number dialed. Tapit EX looks like more of a cost accounting package, and as I've found, Taske is a bit on the expensive side. eCas doesn't appear to be able to do this, either...

If the DNIS is associated with a particular extension, then don't you already have your tracking?

Pepperz@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back