Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call routed to three phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrwilliamssag

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2006
US
I have a neac 2000ips, and dterm series e phones. What i need to happen is when our companies legal department number is called, it needs to ring all three legal phones. how can i go about doing this, does this require matworx, is there some way to set the extensions into some form of caller group?

thanks in advance

james

I would setup some virtual extensions in a hunt group and have the legal lines DIT to the pilot of the hunt group. Then just put the virtual extension keys on each of the three phones that you want to ring. Good Luck.

well i appreciate the answer but it seems to be written in spanish, i am completely new to these pbx systems
i know how to check the call groups by using the
command= 163 but not how to create groups or change current groups. also i do not have any matworx program so icant use that at all.

Do you want all the phones to ring at once, for them to be rung in turn or in sequence?

If we are going to talk you through this you will also need to know the system password if there is one.

You know, guys, even if you set up a virtual and have that as an appearance on the phones, that's only going to give you one incoming call... you'd need to set up a few virtuals hunting... this is a 2000, not an IPK, where you can have a CAR key that hops to the local extension when it's picked up.

Sounds like it needs to be set up as an ACD group.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Thanks for the replies, i dont have a system password or anything similar.

The easiest way to find out if a password is needed is to log on at a dterm by using the following sequence in a fairly fluid series of button presses (pauses between presses will cause it to fail) TRF CNF * TRF CNF # this should display cat mode. Then press LNR/SPD this should give you the command prompt. Then as a test enter 11 Recall 000 recall then press spkr to step through until you get none displayed enter an extension number that you know does'nt exist (for example if your numbers are 4567, 4568 etc try entering 4***) followed by CNF. If you get OK then you don't need a password. If you do need a password it will come back with code not used. Now if it said OK you will want to get rid of that entry so press recall and it should display that entry followed by a dash. this time you press the 3rd line key on the top row three times which should put ccc in the display press CNF and that is it gone. Just lift the handset and put it back down to get out of programming mode.

There is always a feature called Group Call by Pilot dialing.
This feature allows a station user (Multiline Terminal / Single Line Telephone / PS) or a trunk party to page a
group of stations simultaneously by dialing a pilot number. The maximum of 32 stations can be assigned to a
paging group, and the paging group is associated with the pilot number. After one of the paged stations answers,
the paging becomes a 2 way calling between the calling party and the first answered station and automatically
stops paging other stations.

Mextera,

I would use the Group Feature Key.
It acts just like a CAR key does on the IPK and IPKII.
This one appearance would appear on all sets in the group. When the call is transferred to this station it rings all sets. When the user presses the appearance the call jumps to their prime or first available virtual station.
There is a little bit of programming required. If you are not comfortable with the language you could have your vendor set this up. They can easily do this remotely as long as you tell them which key you want the appearance on.
This feature by the way requires R10 software or higher. It was release in Feb 2005. Hopefully your system was installed after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back