Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call route DID + Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerWoods33

Systems Engineer
Jun 11, 2019
CA
Avaya Version: IP office Server Edition R 11.1
So, we have some ICR's which we are routing directly to user extensions (Acting as DID's.)

However, when they are apart of the above configuration, call forwarding to their extension internally no longer functions.

Scenario:
Incoming Call route 639-543-4321 > Extension 2700 (User A)
User A has forwarding Unconditional ON > Forwards to external number, their own cell phone.

Call into 639-543-4321 = Successfully forwards to user 2700 externally set forward.
Call internally from Extension 2701 to 2700 = 2700 voicemail. The Cell phone never rings.

**If you remove Extension 2700 (User A) from the ICR routing, internal scenario now works without issue.**

Shots in the dark tried to resolve:
Rebooted IP office (Assuming there was some kind of finicky issue)
Deleted Incoming call route that was initially reported + User + Extension, recreated from scratch
Created a time profile rather than using the "Default" location in the ICR.

No luck.

Is there a best practice I am not following here? **FYI MOBILE TWINNING ALSO DOESN'T WORK**.

Let me know if there are any suggestions.

Test the obvious:

- What happens if they forward to another extension?

- Is "Forward Internal Calls" enabled?

- Raise 2700's No Answer Time a little, see if its just voicemail taking a message before the forwarded call connects.

- Check the status of the user's Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer and Outgoing Call Bar settings.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Inhibit Off-Switch forward/Transfer and Outgoing Call Bar = All "Unchecked"
No Answer time raised to 25 seconds, still no luck.
Forward Internal calls is "checked".
Forward to another extension = Did work while on a DID.
External forwarding does work remember, when that extension is not apart of any Incoming Call Routes (Being routed directly to)​
So we have narrowed it specifically to the situation above + External forwarding.. which is interesting. However it only made me further confused.

My 100% money would be on SIP trunks.

If so, when forwarding a call from another extension, the caller ID being sent is not seen as a valid number for return calls so the ISP isn't allowing the calls. The SIP URI for forward/transfer calls may need adjusting.

You really need to put a system monitor trace on this to see how far the call gets and where and why it gets diverted to voicemail.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut nailed it the issue is almost for sure the callerID being sent when calling from an internal number. Since you are trying to pass originator callerID, and you are calling internally, you would pass the extension number which obviously is not a valid callerID and most providers would reject it. As sizbut said you need to run monitor and see what is being passed but I would also put money on the callerID being the issue.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back