Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxx001

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2010
US
We have eight Nortel i2002 phones at a remote office that connect back to a BCM400 at our main office. The issue we have is that a person is not being notified on there phone about a second incoming call.

So, let's say there is only one person answering the phones at the office. They receive an incoming outside call, they answer the phone. While on the first call, they receive a second incoming call, this person's phone does not show this second call coming in at all so they can't answer the second call. We know there is a second call coming in because we can here the second call ring on the other 7 phones in the office. This happens on all of the eight ip sets. Shouldn't we be notified of the second call even if the phone is in use? And have the option to place the first call on hold to answer the second?

Can any help with this problem? Thanks.

This is, I believe, by design. If you answer one call from a hunt group, it doesn't "hunt you" anymore until you hang up, and if a call is not ringing while you're on the phone, it won't ring simply if you hang up.

What you're looking for is the Grp Pickup feature. This is Feature 75.

Take the DND on BUSY off to allow multiple calls.

Capabilites- DND untick box

Are we talking DID's, do all lines appear and ring on each set, are these calls coming in via their intercom or Ext numbers, or is it through a hunt group as mnbookman is talking about??? If it's through the intercom to their ext's then just make sure that each phone has "2" intercom buttons and the second call should roll over to the 2nd button and ring softly.

ok, so, we do not have a Hunt group, we use appear and ring (for this one outside line with a roll-over) for these 8 phones. Calls from other extensions ring fine (even when the phone is in use). Its calls coming in from outside that do not ring. DND on busy is unchecked on all phone.

OK
I will assume its a Target line with one appearance on each phone.

Assign multiple appearances of the target line to each phone.
If the extn user has answered the call with 1 appearance the there is no button for the second call.
It works on the internal calls because there is 2 intercom keys allowing the second call,

OR
Remove the appearance and set to ring only this way the call will come in on the intercom buttons instead.

ok, so I went into the BCM Elements manager. I went to Telephony -> Sets -> Active Sets->Extension -> Line Assignment. When I try to add another target line to the phone it tells me the "object already exist. So I can't add the line again. Anymore suggestions?

Like snowman50 said you have to add multiple appearances...meaning if you look at the target line you should be able to change it from 1 to 2 or more under the section that says appearances

oh thanks guys! I got it working. Yeah, I actually changed that line appearance number from 1 to 2 originally but I did not wait long enough for the config changes to take place. So I though I was doing something wrong. It took about 25 minutes for the phones to get the new config. But anyway, I really appreciate all the help here. Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back