Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call features and hunt group management on IX Workplace 3.9.0.84.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
According to the IP Office R11.1 Realesae Notes they've added certain features :
With IP Office 11.1 and Avaya IX™ Workplace client (3.8 and later) the user has additional capabilities available via the Incoming Call Features menu on the client.
• Ability to toggle status of Call Forward as well as configure target for same
o Call Forward All Calls
o Call Forward Busy / No Answer
Ability to toggle status of Mobile Twinning
Avaya IX Workplace – Hunt Group Feature Button

I upgraded an IP Office to 11.1 and installed IX Workplace 3.9.0.84.8 (latest release) on Windows.
I can't see any of the incoming call features when I click on the presence logo. It simply says "No Incoming Call Features available".
According to the tutorials and the user guide, there should be another menu to manage the hunt groups on the bottom right next to Manage audio and video devices but I don't have that. Hunt group management has been enabled for the user through Menu programming, Hunt Group...

I'm using a simple user with Power User licence and SIP extension on the same local network as the IP Office. I'm registered using only Phone Services.

What am I missing ? Has anyone been able to use these features ?

The key question is, has the user been configured for those features.

I just took 3.8.5 on Android and it had none of the above.

- Enabled hunt group controls for the user in the system configuration (User | Menu Programming | Huntgroup | Can Change Membership) and immediately available in the client (listed as Hunt Groups under the three-bar icon drop-down).

- Enabled mobile twinning and the twinning number for the user and immediately able to turn it on/off in the clients Incoing Call options.

- The ability to configure the forwarding settings was already in the Incoming Call options.

I browsed through the autogenerated 46xxsettings file on my system and couldn't see anything that might be a control to switch the extra support on/off. But that said, if your not using the autogenerated file then all bets are off.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

... and just checked with 3.8.5 on Windows - ditto.

... and now with 3.9.

The only thing I've noticed is that with the default location the Windows application takes (top-right on the primary monitor), the Feature Manager panel opens to the right of that, ie. off the screen. A major UI fail.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi sizbut,

The key question is, has the user been configured for those features.

Yes, they have. User has Mobile Twinning configured in the Manager, and as mentioned hunt group management (can change membership) has been enabled for the user through Menu programming, Hunt Group. Nothing enabled for call forwarding, though.

But that said, if your not using the autogenerated file then all bets are off.
This system has been defaulted and upgraded from 10.0.6 to 11.1. It's a demo kit we got from Avaya at R10 so it's offline and serves for testing and demo purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back