Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Including external address in a GW Distribution List 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1oldfoxman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
Is there a way to include an non-GW, external email address in a GW system Distribution List? I can only think of creating a shared address book and including the external address in a list in that, but this won't work well in my situation. Does the external entity object do the trick, by setting up an alias/nickname ( I always get those two confused).

I'm trying to include an administrator at a newly acquired facility in an existing GW system distribution list. They run Exchange/Outlook (for now). Don't see a way to do that in Console1.

Any help or creative ideas will be welcomed.

Dennis

Try this:
1. Open ConsoleOne
2. Go to GroupWise System
3. Select to view Users
4. Highlight External User and right click and select Properties
5. Select GroupWise Tab and select Distribution Lists
6. Click on the Add button and select a Distribution List from the list
7. Click OK (this Distribution List does not add)

Cheers,
Mark ;-)

Mark,
When I try as you suggest, I get to step 4 and can't find External User anywhere. Any suggestions?

Mark, thanks. I'll give it try. We hadn't dealt with external domains before, but looks like this is the solution for us.

dennis

Creating the external domain appears to have abended GWIA. Will try again tomorrow.

Resetting GWIA immediately after creation of the external domain seems to have eliminated the hour-later abend (that occurred twice).

Mark, thanks for the link and the instructions. Seems to be exactly the straightforward solution I was hoping for.
Star for ya.
dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back