Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Include Smileys in Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowworm27

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
Hello,

Not sure if this has been talked about in this forum, but here goes.

I want to use smileys in my email. I would realy like to use the Free smileys on-line however our office firewall prevents using that service.

Is there another program or VBA app that will allow me to use Emoticons / Smileys inside our local intranet? with the same or similar look feel of smiley central?

Thanks
[cannon]

George Oakes
Goakes@TiresPlus.com = Programmer
George@1-Specialday.com = Mobile DJ
Check out this awsome .Net Resource!

Have you tried saving your smileys as gifs to a folder in My Documents and inserting them as pictures in your e-mail?

I was able to clean up one office where everyone had "Huntbar" installed which I wanted to remove.

For those that wanted to use smileys, I saved them as simple gif files in a sub folder in My Docs.

They can now insert the gifs as pictures in their e-mails with out any extra Internet traffic created by the "data-miners"

and... the animated smileys should also work.

If you want to use basic in-line emoticons and you use Outlook2000 or later. You could use the setting... "use MS Word to edit emails"... (Tools | Options | Mail Format).
Word will auto correct : - ) to a small smiley. You only get the smile & sad emoticons. No colour or animations.
Sierraonsite's option gives better variety of emoticons [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back