Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

include files not displaying in IIS 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffield

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
IIS newbie here, so please bear with me.

I just upgraded XP Home to XP Pro and subsequently installed IIS 5.1. For reasons unknown, all my web sites are experiencing the following:
A. include files are not being displayed (ex.
Code:
<!-- #include file="footer.htm" -->
B. the code on the page doesn't appear to be rendered. I can see the
Code:
<!-- #include file="footer.htm" -->
line when I 'view source'. My .NET Web Controls are not displayed on the web page either.

Strangely enough, however, is that all web pages works perfectly when run through Cassini web server.

Can anybody clue me in here? All thoughts and suggestions are welcome:)

yes, all the web pages in question have *.aspx extensions.

This is absolutely killing me!

Yes, the .NET runtime is installed.

Additionally, the websites in question do run correctly using the Cassini Web Server.

Any other thoughts? I'm getting desperate....

Ok, here is a little more info...

I have another PC running IIS (and correctly displays my web pages), so I've used it to compare and contrast my problem PC and its IIS installation/configuration.

I viewed the Application Mappings on my problem PC and found that there was no entry for the *.aspx extension. When I attempted to add it, IIS only lets me choose an *.exe file, whereas I believe it should let me map to the aspnet_isapi.dll file. Additionally, there were no entries for *.ascx, *.asmx, *.ashx, etc...

Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm certain that the .NET Framework is installed because I can see all the file located at "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322"

What have I done wrong here?

...and that fixed it.

I first attempted to re-install the .net runtimes without first uninstalling them. Clearly a mistake. I don't know what I was thinking...

Thanks, again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back