Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

include file question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaveTrouble

Programmer
Jan 10, 2005
US
My web folder has 3 subfolders - common\ and customer\ and vendor\. I have 2 invoice.asp pages, one in customer\ and one in vendor\ which looks like:

<!-- include file="format.asp" -->
<!-- include virtual="\common\invoice.asp" -->
<!-- include file="addbottom.asp" -->

invoice.asp has a form that will send user to \common\invoice_save.asp once form is submitted. invoice_save.asp needs to run in the parent page so format.asp and addbottom.asp will be available (format.asp in customer\ and vendor\ have different settings). How can I achieve that ?

you said you have two invoice.asp pages...one in customer and one is vendor...but you are doing this...

<!-- include virtual="\[red]common[/red]\invoice.asp" -->

can you please clarify your question again...

-DNG

Actually, I have 3 invoice.asp - in common\, customer\, vendor\. The one under customer\ and vendor\ includes the one in common\, which contains the form and all invoices fields.

The one under customer\ and vendor\ looks like this:

<!-- include file="format.asp" -->
<!-- include virtual="\common\invoice.asp" -->
<!-- include file="addbottom.asp" -->

format.asp are different in each folders to reflect special formating. \common\invoice.asp will be posted to \common\invoice_save.asp. However, I need format.asp to reflect correct formating based on who submit the file. This is the part I couldn't figure out how to do.

i guess you need to check soemthing like this..

Code:
if instr(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"),"vendor")> 0 then 

<!-- include file="\vendor\format.asp" -->

else

<!-- include file="\customer\format.asp" -->

end if

try along these lines...

-DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor