Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Include 2 backup client in 1 policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenyee99

Technical User
Jul 19, 2006
MY
Dear all,

can we include 2 different backup client in 1 policy, for example: server1 (backup database1), server2 (backup database2).
Thanks for your information

yes, you can place multiple clients in a policy

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Would you be trying to backup two different databases?

Usually you put more than one client in a policy if your going to be backing up the same filesystem's or selecting All_Local_Drives

dear vela and stumpr
i m intend to backup 2 clients in one policy, but both backing up difference path of data: for example, server1 - data1, data2. server2 -db1, db2.
if i include server1 & server2 in same policy, and backup selection - data1, data2, db1,db2. how the policy know which selection is belong to which client?
thanks

It wouldn't know that because by placing both clients in the same policy with the same filelist, you are telling it to backup the same data for both client's. You might see a "71 none of the files in the filelist exist"- error

Why not create another policy and have two policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back