Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inclement Weather Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Noob

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2008
US
I have a BCM 3.7 with 5 Skillsets. Each skillset has it's own DID and call queue each terminating in it's own mailbox for the caller to leave a message. During off hours, the calls go directly to each individual mailbox.

With the recent storms in the east, I've been requested to have a mechanism (preferably remote enabled) that will route all calls to a single message indicating the office is closed but employees are checking messages and for the caller to leave one.

Any suggestions on how to set this up without messing up what I already have?

You will need to call into each MB and change the message. You can't do much dialing in.

I was hoping that perhaps night services could be set up. Even though that requires a physical action, there are people who live close who could do the pressing.

Also, When Night Services are pressed, I haven't figured out how to look up the destination for calls. Is it a parameter or does it always go to the General Mailbox (100)?

The night service is a ringing service that when programed makes it go from the number of rings that the AA is programed to ring to zero rings and it can be set to either ring phones or the VM Dn and that is usualy the AA. And it does not change the greeting just the # of rings.

Change the Night Service(Off Normal as you call it)times so that the Skillsets are in permanent Night Mode.Than with all calls going straight to mail you will only have to change the greetings within the individual mailboxes to let your callers know that you will be checking for messages. Do not confuse the Call Center Night Service with the Night Service of the BCM. I do believe that you can force your Skillsets into Night Service with the operator setting feature code Feature 982.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back