Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inclement Weather greeting- main menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

act901

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
I am not too familiar with the setup for an ACD, but we already have one in place that functions as follows...
"welcome...press 1 to go here press 2 to go there...ect etc."
During office closings, for weather, how can I change the main DN to say "we are closed...blah blah blah...please press 1 to go to our main menu" and revert back to our normal greeting?
Or is there another way of doing this.
I see in our 'announcement def's' the previous admin already set up an inclement weather announcement, but how and where do I assign this for our main number the public dials and then enable them to get to our main greeting with options to "press 1 to go here press 2 to go there...ect etc."
thanks for any input.

nothing. it always uses the same main greeting.

I don't know if your using MM or Octel Vmail, but on Octel we used a Temp Greeting if we were closed for bad weather or holiday that could be changed remotely.

I am using MM. are they pretty similar?
I would like to set up a temp greeting as well, but it would also be nice to allow them to go to our main menu after hearing that the office is closed.
(We have a lot of information that is accessed by phone even if we are closed.)

thanks,
I just found that in our VSDN table I can change our main DN (500).
I can keep the access dn set to 500 in the properties, change the service from MS to AS, change the voice menu ID to 721 (inclement weather announcement) and it works fine.
At this point is there a way that I could allow someone to press 0 to return the main 500 greeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back