Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbox Restore does not restore entire inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I had backed up all the mailbox's in my Exchange server last night at brick level, today a guy in my office deleted his entire inbox. I went ahead and restored it no problem but it only restored the last month and a half and left him with only 51 messages in it. He should have had 600 or so. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I recover all the messages?

Arcserve and Exchange agent SP3.

Cheers,

Paul.

I've found that Brick Level can be tricky that way...sometimes have to restore from several subsequent nights of backups. I'll restore from one day, and the user will say the same thing...then I restore froma previous night or backup, and the missing will re-appear.

In the FAQ they say something about it being complex and this tells me that it doesn't always get all the pointers..so try it from another night as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back