Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inbound number translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

heros2007

Vendor
Mar 17, 2008
IT
On a BCM50 I need to translate a public number
to the internal DN range in order to match with public received field value.

023456XX has to become 2XX

where 023456XX is company public number with range 00-99
2XX are the Directory Numbers with range 00-99

No problem. You can have any internal DN, and any length you want, as long as it is uniform for all DNs. You can also assign any Recvd. Digit length you want to any internal DN.

Adversity is Opportunity

Excuse me,
I don't understand what you meen.

How can I configure the BCM50 to have this feature?

The Public number is f.e.: 05223456xx
My internal DNs are 2xx
There is DID feature over PRI trunk.

Where and how can I implement this feature?
Thanks a lot.

eddy1976- you need to find out how many digits that telco is sending out to your BCM lets say 4 (ie 3456) which is what it is in most cases then find a open target line and program the received digits then assign the new line to your set.

It sounds to me like you just want your outbound number to be seen?

You can set this up in the OLI on the target lines I believe.

You go to the target line field and assign the public received of the target line with, say, 0522345611 (if the telco is sending you 10 digits) and set the prime set of the target line to DN 211. If your public received number is 0522345625, then your prime set for that target line is 225, etc.

If the telco is only sending you four digits, then you would assign 56XX as the public received numbers to the particular target lines.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

First, thank you all for your answers.
I know I can set manually public received to match the
telco DID, but I dont want to write 30 public received
fields in target lines to associate all my DN's.

As the default value for "public received" field is equal to the corresponding DN value I was wondering if it is possible to create a general rule to "translate" the incoming telco DID.

Example:

Public numbers : 05223456XX (600 to 699)
DN's : 200 to 299

------------------------>
0522345600 - "Translation Rule" ---> 200

0522345601 - "Translation Rule" ---> 201

0522345602 - "Translation Rule" ---> 202

.......... and so on

Not as far as I know...in the 50, you don't even have the wizard available (outside of the startup template) like you did in the BCM 3.7 and down.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I would change my DN's to match my DID number's or get the Telco to give me DID's that match my DN's.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

i always match DID's with my exts. that way you have a cleaner install like in your case your dn's should have been 5600 or 600 but reguardless your still going to have to enter data into the recvd # field for your target lines and 30 isn't that much it's really fun when you have to program and name 200 targets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back