Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound digit issues and outbound digit display

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnealtx

Technical User
Jul 26, 2013
US
In my most recent thread, I was setting up an E1 ISDN link between our local Avaya and a Cisco router. We've gotten the devices talking but we are having calling issues.

Running trace tac, the original call attempts from outside only showed the first two digits coming in; local number pool is 781-xxxx, tac was showing call attempting to connect after the digits '78' were received.

I *think* this may be related to how the switch is set up down here - we are utilizing 4 digit dialing, but attempting to dial the full 7 digit string goes to the howler. I've had to learn the Avaya stuff OJT, and I have no clue where to go to/how to fix this. Switch is a G3R running CM 2.2 (8700 'brain' through IPSI boards, not proc/tape cards).

Another (possibly related) issue is on the outbound calls - only the last 4 digits of the extension are passed out the trunk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ideally, would like to change things where either 7 digit or 4 digit dialing would work

I was able to fix the outbound digits transferred by modifying the public unknown numbering

Corrected the inbound digits issue by absorbing on the trunk side, so that is taken care of for at least normal calls. Will have to work on it some more to handle transfer calls to a subsidiary site.

From what I've been able to find through online sources, it's not going to be possible to do 7 digit dialing from local extension to local extension, so any calls where the customer mistakenly puts in the prefix is going to route them to the howler....although I'm very willing to be proven wrong if someone has found a way to do it!

- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back