Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Data Error in Gentran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikel25

MIS
Sep 18, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm currently using Gentran: Server for Windows NT version 4.0. When processing 850's (PO's), the data is coming into the (?in Documents) with 3 errors.

Data Message # Message

1) ST*850*0001~ INF-0300 Mandatory Segment
2) l_Interchange INF-0400 Session Error
3) Group INF-0400 Session Error

Any help will be extremetly appreciated.

Thank You!!!!

1)

MAIKEL,
WHAT ALWAYS HELPED ME WAS CHECKING THE "AUDIT LOG" (IF THIS OPTION IS AVAILABLE IN UR GENTRAN VERSION. USUALLY THIS WILL TELL YOU WHAT TEMPLATE NAME THE TRANSACTION IS LOOKING FOR (EX: Trans Obj not found ISAbrk.tpl). THE ERROR SEEMS TO SHOW TRANSLATION PROBLEM ON ALL LEVELS, LIKE I SAID..U CAN START WITH THE OPTION ABOVE. U CAN ALSO CHECK STERLING'S KNOWLEDGE BASE - REALLY HELPFUL. I HOPE THIS "GENERAL" TIP HELPED.

Thanks for your reply Zedsded,

I will follow your advise and keep you update it if any positive results are achieved.

Thank You once again!!!!

Have you checked that you have the correct translation setup in the trading partner profile? Check the transaction version, test/production, sender ID, etc.

Thanks Zedsded & Extoman,

I checked the audit log and right there was my answer. Apparently the system did not updated the Sys Maps when I upgraded from v3.0 to 4.0. The Stbrk.map was the one I needed & the system never updated the Stbrksr.map (which is the older map from v3.0.

Whenever you guys upgrade Gentran, carefully take at the Syus maps to make sure they update with the upgrade.

Thanks a lot once again!!!!

Hello Frgood,

The Documents from Wal-Mart do have an ST segment (Record) in it.

Hello, some of the errors look like the tempalte is not seeing the specfic segements. If you tell me what type of DOC and what version the PO is in I could help...
Mrea

Hi, All.

I'm currently using Gentran: Server for Windows NT version 4.0. I am moving the Flat file data to Database. While processing the inbound document, the data is coming into the (?in Documents) with no errors. The Name in the ?in documents is UNKNOWN and the status is NOTOK.

But if i Export the file from the ?in documents, its properly moved to the Database. I dont know where the problem is?

Herewith, I am providing the tracking information.

External Data: 31368
External Data Type: Flat File
Date/Time: 2003/11/09 ¤U¤È 07:46:45
Action: ProcessFile
Original Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\gentran_admin\My Documents\Test\5108s_tst5.txt

Interchange: 00091808543866
Partner: TWCUSTOMS
Date/Time: 2003/11/09 ¤U¤È 07:47:13
Processed Status: Received
Acknowledgement Generation Status: Not Required

Document: 63700091808543
Partner: TWCUSTOMS
Date/Time: 2003/11/09 ¤U¤È 07:47:11
Transaction Set ID: CUSRES
Document Name: Unknown
Location Status: ?In Documents
Compliance Status: Noncompliant

Any help will be extremetly appreciated.

Thank You!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back