Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound CLI on SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMitel

Technical User
Sep 4, 2013
GB
7.2 SP1 PR1

I am currently testing for a SIP provider with their SIP platform but have come across an issue on inbound CLI. Would any of you guys come across the below with other providers?

The phones display +441223112233 for example instead of 01223112233 (UK) on inbound calls. I have tried to use inward dialling modification but this gets ingnored I think it's because of the + at the beginning which is not recognized by inward mod only 0-9*# even when using the wildcard x. In the wireshark trace I can see the "SIP Display info: +441223112233" in the Invite message header, all other items in the header show 01223112233

Have a look in the SIP Peer and try changing "Prefer From Header for Caller ID

Thanks sarond I had tried that and it made no difference. The number however still matches the entry in the telephone directory which is entered as 9~01223112233 so I guess it won't be a major issue.

Sounds like the +441223112233 is coming from the SIP Header "Display Name" field rather than the "Number" which is why you are not able to match in Inward Dialing rules, and also why it still matches your Alpha Tag.
Had a similar issue with a local (au) SIP carrier, where customers on the same network were sent the number twice in E.164 format as the display name. I assume "First" "Last" names were both set to the number somewhere on the carrier backend, so in their case the display would show "613912345678 613912" as the display would get cut off. Second line on a multi-line handset would display the CLI fine (Eg. 0391234567) with correct CoS and all call routing was unaffected by it.

I tried a bunch of different CoS and SDP options to try and suppress the "display name" being displayed from the carrier, but couldn't come up with a workable solution on the Mitel end. (Curious if anyone has done this successfully.) I ended up advising the customer to raise it with their carrier (carrier was apparently well aware of the issue) and told them for the short term to just pay attention to the second line of the display. Having said that, this was over 6 months ago and I still don't believe the carrier has resolved on their end.

@Jemson, I came to the same conclusion as you. I have given feedback to the SIP carrier I will see if they are willing to change things their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back