Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound calls over a specific trunk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
I need to do some testing on an incoming call issue and I was wondering if it was possible to make certain inbound calls from a certain number come in on a specific trunk group. I have 15 inbound trunks and I want to use a trunk that isn't getting that much traffic so I can run a trace on that trunk. I know how to make outbound calls go out over a certain trunk but haven't figured out a way to do this for inbound if it's even possible. All help would be appreciated.

Inbound routes up to your equipment are determined by the carrier.

So I'm assuming this will be a no go since it's up to carrier. Appreciate the quick response.

If you have access to EC500 setup your cell phone to be link your extension.
Then when you want to trace a call (that hits one of your TFN for example) just trace your extension. then when you make a call to the inbound number you are testing from your cell phone it will show up in the trace, no matter what Trunk it comes in on.

@DAVIDPAYNE

that makes perfect sense but what I actually need is for the incoming call to come in on a Trunk that doesn't get much traffic for the testing I'm doing, I need to make a ange to a trunk but don't want to make change to main trunks that most call volume comes from during production hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back