Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound caller cannot hear us

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hi guys, running an IP Office 406 running 4.2

About a week or so ago, some of my users started reporting a problem where the user on the other end of an incoming call cannot hear us talking, however we can hear them just fine. The caller will simply hang up, and when they call back, everything is fine. Doesn't seem to be a very frequent problem, but 2-3 calls a day with this problem is an issue.

No alarms on the PRI, I had my provider run intrusive testing without any problem. Just not really sure at all where to even start with this one.

Any ideas?

Alright, I have more information, my user wasn't telling the full story.

Issue is:

1) Inbound caller calls in
2) User picks up the phone and simply hears a ticking sounds
3) User hangs up
4) User calls back, everything is fine, but they mention that they could us talking, but we couldn't hear them (rather only hearing the ticking sound).

Is this a T1 clocking issue? If it is, it's not generating any alarms.

Could be a faulty channel, make test calls and watch which one it uses (SSA) to see if it's always the same one when the fault appears :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back