Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Call Treatments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristiandg

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
US
Is there any way I can have more inbound digit manipulation on my PRI span than the the 17 entries on pg 3 of my Trunkgroup form? 17 is awfully limiting and I'm sure there's another way to do it. I saw how I could set up INCOMING OVERLAP, but I don't know where to do the Digit Manipulation.

Thanks...

Kris Guntzelman

Can you tell us what your looking to do? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Well, for most people DIDs matches the extension. In our case, people don't have DID's. We issue numbers out for special applications as needed. On the Nortel switch, you can just create a table of inbound, then translated digits. Its similar to the table above, only not limited to 17 entries.

Kris

If you need to translate bucketloads of incoming numbers into different extensions, you could try the following:
On the incoming call handling treatment, insert your ARS feature access code in front of the incoming digits, then in your ARS Digit Conversion table, you can strip out all of the digits (or however many you need to strip) and reinsert whatever you like (even extensions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back