Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound call Restriction 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

radrman

MIS
Dec 14, 2003
US
I Need help configuring a lobby phone outbound local calls only.
No inbound calls

What if you made it a hotline phone with your local area code as the hotline DN? Then users could lift the handset and just dial local phone numbers. Probably not the best solution but maybe it will work for you.

So you want no calls to the phone, including internal calls? If internal calls are okay, then build it with an internal non-DID extension.

How do I build as a an internal none DID extension.
How can I tell what is a none DID Extension

Adding to my previous post, you could set key 0 as SCN (No ringing), the arrow would flash if being called from internal, but the phone would not ring.

We are using 8xxx as extensions.
Also this lobby phone is an analog phone

then make it a non used 6000 or any other vacant number, if you have the package you can make it 6 digits as opposed to 3 or 4, you can also use a standard number and hard call forward it to the console, or use ld 49 for just external callers to that did number to go to the console. hot d to 9, will give users an outside line if the phone is labeled with dialing instructions. mnl in cls and ftr hot d 1 9 will do that. you can't call a analog station in you remove the ringer. i have a self that has no ring generator for outbound modem lines as a additional security level, you can't hackin through a modem if you can't ring it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

can you dial your 8xxx extensions directly from the outside? if so, then those are direct dial numbers. You said you want the phone to be used for outbound local so if you make it a hotline just to 9 you will need to make sure it's restricted from dialing anywhere else besides locally.

Hi guys,

I think there is a faster way. I did the same thing by using CLS.

For restricting DID calls, change UDI to RDI.
For limiting user to call internal only change the TLD to SRE.

Hope this helps.

yes that works but your paying for a did number and not using it. in most switches their are numerous ways to do anything. our truckers waiting area does a hot d 1 9, which dials 9 when you pick it up. they are 2500 style sets without ringers.. you use it as if it were a home phone. to call back in the building you would have to dial the 7 digit number. it's there for drivers to call dispatch and i have a timer that limits calls to five minutes, that's in the rdb.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back