Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound ANI on Option 11C

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgray

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Can Nortel Meridian PBX's handle inbound ANI on a "vanilla" T-1, or is PRI required?
The switch in question is an Option 11C, soon to be at release 25.
Some of our long distance carriers can send the 10-digit ANI without PRI, and we have Avaya G3r's that will receive the ANI on a non-PRI circuit. I need to find out if that's also the case with Nortel, or will I have to install PRI to make it work?
FYI, the format we generally receive from the carrier is *ANI*DNIS*

Thanks,

Bill

yes, you can recive inband ani but there are some limitations.
see ntp's for inband ani

I think IANI will only work on digital sets on an ACD. For non-PRI circuits, you can also get ANI using feature group D. I'd be willing to bet that your G3 has feature group D trunks running to it.

You'll have to go into LD 22 and print the packages installed on your 11C to determine if you have the feature group D software package. Also, you'll need an AMI/D4 T-1 for feature group D. You can't use B8ZS/ESF for FGD.

The G3r's are not using FGD to receive ANI (they're B8ZS), but I'll check out the software packages on the Nortel. I appreciate the advice. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back