Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound and outbound call die

Status
Not open for further replies.

progc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have this issue that pops up every so often where all calls stop flowing and I get a standard message like "your call can not be completed at this time."

As soon as I reboot the switch it's fine, but that's not really an answer to the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Is there a known issue?
Is there a known solution?

Here is my system config:

IP Office 406v2 version 3.2.54
VCM 20

Thanks

I have never seen that.
Run a monitor log continously and log to file enabled.'
When it happens again check the logs for additional info.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

I have done that. I do have entries from the sys log but I can't seem to see any errors.

Are these calls on a trunk or internal?
With the default filter the trunks are disabled in the logging.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Sounds like a LEC recording to me. Doesn't that mean you are connecting to the CO? lg

Your call can not be completed at this time" isn't coming from the IP Office, that's a provider message. It may be caused by something that the IP Office is doing but the error is occuring at the far end, ie. there won't be anything in any logs or monitoring at the IP Office end.

intrigrant,

Here's what happens. If I call the clients site it will ring and then you'll get dead air....sometimes. Sometimes you get the LEC recording.

One user was able to dial another persons extention but no inbound/outbound.

It's almost as if the PRI card or VCM is locking up.

I agree with progc. I have had this issue with a 412 happen to me intermittently, usually after the phone system is rebooted. One of our PRI lines will lock up. unplugging it, and then, plugging back in after about one minute, you should see the activity light come on the inactive PRI line. while we have had this issue reported to Avaya, they state that the issue is caused due to mis-timing on the LEC's end. Our carrier has performed numerous tests and found no issue with their timing.

Mine doesn't happen after a reboot but rather causes us to reboot.

hmmmm....

For what it's worth, we have 5 systems deployed and this only happens on one of them.

Sounds like a public network problem.
If you enable the ISDN trace look if you happen to have some cause 96 or cause 102 codes in the trace, these indicate a public network error.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

i also got this message but on using 4 basic rates. it only happened on 1 of them. ran the trace, digits dialled out ok but network gave error message. reported fault to them, no problems since, well in saying that, I excluded that bri from the dial out group, he he, and forgot to put it back in...

so to sum up, find the problem, report to network, they do nothing, remove problem yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back