Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound 1-800 Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizm76

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hi Everyone,
We have Call Manager 4.1 with a 2811 Router using H323 and we're looking to have a 1-800 number that was previously forwarded by the phone company to our existing number moved to our PRI so we don't have to pay for call forwarding anymore.
My question is what will i need to change so Call Manager sees the incoming 1-800 number and points it to our new main number?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

how many digits are you receiving on your PRI?

You then need to translate the number to your internal extension where the call needs to be answered.

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Ok, makes sense. I'll give it a try.

The cutover took place and we put the translation rule onto the router. Incoming calls are routed fine however when you dial the number out our system is translating digits and handing the phone company the wrong number.

How can we set it up to translate it incoming but leave it alone outgoing?

Since the router is h323 and outbound is not working your dial-peers are not configured correctly.

Does dial peer configuration take place on the router piece? (I don't normally do the router configuration, we have someone else who handles that)

Yes, the dial-peer is on the router!!!

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back