Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inactivity timer / idle time

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevCon

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
anyone know of a property, method, add-in or codeable function that counts inactivity or idle-time, which I suppose means no mouse/kybd movement IN (within?) the program???
thx

Do some searching on Tek-tips. Access doesn't have any function that does this inherently, so you will likely find a number of threads that say it can't be done.

There are ways to make it work, though. I did a quick keyword search for 'Access and Inactivity' and came accross a couple of threads you can try:

thread181-49877 remember a really good one a while back that had code and instructions on how to implement it. I think basically what it did was it had a hidden form open with a timer event that periodically checked the control that had focus. If the same control had focus after a specified period of time, it shutdown the database.

_________
Rott Paws

...It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature!!!

Those links didn't work very well. Another one is

thread181-141304 _________
Rott Paws

And one more:

thread181-144211 _________
Rott Paws

thanks a lot.

sometimes you just need a few other examples/suggestions to start your own "why didn't I think of that" flood of ideas!!!

Your welcome.

I hope those threads help. _________
Rott Paws

I just found the Inactive Shut Down Control hidden in the labyrinth of my hard drive.

You can get it in the freeware section at _________
Rott Paws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back