Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inactive to Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmalachi

MIS
Sep 3, 2008
US
Still trying to learn this BCM system. How do I make an inactive DN active? and vice versa

plug a phone into an active jack & u now have an active DN. Unplug it to make it inactive.

thanks for the reply.. I forgot to mention this is for an IP Phone setup. I see in my BCM there are a bunch of Inactive DNs but I cannot make them active

Dasheen is correct, whether IP or TDM, telephone must be plugged in. In IP also needs to be registered.

Adversity is Opportunity

you must enable registration in "Telephony Resources"-IP sets and set Password. then Once you plug in the phone and see the nortel logo press the 4 soft keys below the LCD one at a time from left to right. this is where you enter your network info. at the end it will ask you for your registration PW and the DN you would like to assign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back