Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inactive icons still showing in taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffJS

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have followed several threads about inactive icons in the taskbar but none have solved my problem. I have 2 network connection icons which still appear in the taskbar even though the cable is disconnected and the icons are set to hide when inactive ! can anyone help please.

Many thanks in advance.

right-click one of the connection icons, Open Network Connections.

Now right click each network connection, Properties, and uncheck the botton box 'Show notifcation icon when connected.'

Hi,

been there done that, no change. Tries applying and removing still no joy.

Hi,

been there too, but that only clears the recent items and does not clear the icons in the taskbar. The icons are existig devices in the PC but will not hide or disappear when inactive. I have checked all the settings and tired all the suggestions (so far) on how to remove them but no joy. Thansk for the replies anyway, nice to know someone is listening...pity MS arent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back