Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inactive Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent123

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have EPO 3.5 installed on a windows 2003 server. My rogue system detection shows some of my managed computers as rogue machines and as having inactive agents. When I look at the queries, i can see the dats have been updated yesterday. Why are these computers showing up as rogue?

I have seen the same problem on my 3.6 network and have flagged this up with McAfee. However they arn't aware of such a problem and haven't really followed it up yet.

Hence I have stopped using that feature!

The DATs might have updated but the agents might have not reported back recently to the ePO server. Try manually connecting the agent to the ePO server.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

The reason for rogue saying that is inactive it's because it can't connect to the agent listen port? Are you using the default port (8081)?
Does your client have a firewall installed?

Regards,

Though I think the rogue system detection is a great idea, it does need some work. I find many situation where a system is mark as rogue, inactive, what have you, when it is reporting as in the main console. After much manual research, troubleshooting... I tend to not rely that much on the feature anymore.

I was hoping for better results when I upgrade to 3.6 but, PredatorUK response doesn't lead me to believe it will be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back